The Pardee-Morris House, located at 325 Lighthouse Road in New Haven, is closed for the season. The Pardee-Morris House will be open 12-4 pm on Sundays starting June 5, 2016 until the last Sunday in August. Admission is free.
The New Haven Museum’s Pardee-Morris House is a 6,000 sq. ft 18th-century farmhouse located on Lighthouse Road on the east shore of New Haven harbor. Built by Amos Morris around 1750, the house was burned by the British during their raid on New Haven in 1779 and rebuilt by the Morris family. It remained in that family until 1915, when it was purchased by William Pardee, a descendant of the Morris family, who hoped to make it his home. Pardee died in 1918 and willed the property, along with a small endowment, to the New Haven Museum, then known as the New Haven Colony Historical Society. Today, the Pardee-Morris House is open seasonally for events, classes and tours.
*Summer 2016 Season of Events:
Opening Day June 5th
CT Open House Day June 11th, enjoy a paper marbling workshop
June 29th (rain date June 30th) at 7 PM: The Alehounds
July 13th (rain date July 14th) at 7 PM: PM: Tuxedo Junction
July 27th (rain date August 3rd) at 7 PM: Wise Old Moon
August 10th (rain date August 11th) at 7 PM: Goodnight Moonshine
In-Season Talks: TBD
Directions to the Pardee-Morris House (325 Lighthouse Road New Haven, CT 06512)
From the west: On Interstate 95, take Exit 50 (Woodward Ave.). Continue straight to Townsend Ave. Turn right onto Townsend Ave. and continue for 2.2 miles. Turn right onto Lighthouse Rd., and continue for 0.4 miles. The Pardee-Morris House will be on your left.
From the east: On Interstate 95, take Exit 51. Continue straight onto Forbes Ave. Turn left at Townsend Ave. and continue for 2.2 miles. Turn right onto Lighthouse Rd., and continue for 0.4 miles. The Pardee-Morris House will be on your left.
*Please Note: When visiting the Pardee-Morris House, please park along Lighthouse Road. Note that there are streets in the neighborhood that are resident permit-parking only.