Twilight Concert Series

pmh_concert_series_promo

The New Haven Museum presents its first Twilight Concert Series, a summer outdoor concert series that will take place on the lawn at the Pardee-Morris House, located at 325 Lighthouse Road in New Haven. The Museum welcomes concertgoers of all ages to enjoy barbershop, bluegrass and folk music throughout the summer.

All concerts will begin at 7 pm. Starting at 6 pm, the Pardee-Morris House will be open to visitors and refreshments from Chestnut Fine Foods or wood-fired pizzas from Frank Andrews Mobile Kitchen will be available for purchase.

Visitors can bring blankets and chairs and enjoy a picnic on the lawn.

Admission is free, but donations are welcome.

Wednesday, July 18: The Usual Suspects. (Rain Date: July 19) The Usual Suspects represents the Coastal Chordsmen, the oldest chorus in the Northeastern District of the international Barbership Harmony Society. Ron Rubano (tenor), Steve Fians (bass), Phil Kraft (lead), and Jim Farrell (baritone) have been performing together since 2009.

SFB_LogoWednesday, August 1: The String Fingers Band. (Rain Date: August 22) The String Fingers Band is a dynamic group of Connecticut musicians whose vast repertoire means every concert comes with welcome surprises, from their folksy, backwoods originals to barn-burning fiddle tunes and creative takes on classic American songs. Formed in 2008 by Dan Tressler (fiddle/mandolin/vocals) and Dan Carlucci (guitar/mandolin/vocals), The String Fingers Band has been recently voted “Best Bluegrass Band” by The Fairfield County Weekly two years in a row and plays regularly at premier venues throughout New England and New York.

The_Sea_The_Sea_Photo

Wednesday, August 15: The Sea, The Sea. (Rain Date: August 16.) Borrowing their name from the cry of joy made by ancient Greek soldiers upon their post-war homecoming, The Sea, The Sea is Mira Stanley from West Virginia and Chuck E. Costa from Connecticut. They meet in the middle with acoustic guitars. Chuck is currently Connecticut’s State Troubadour, serving as an ambassador of music and song and promoting cultural literacy among Connecticut citizens.

 

 

The Pardee-Morris House, one of the oldest surviving historic structures in Connecticut, dates from about 1780. Built by Amos Morris around 1750, the house was burned by the British during their raid on New Haven in 1779 and was rebuilt by the Morris family. In 1915, William Pardee, a descendant of the Morris family, willed the property to the New Haven Colony Historical Society, today the New Haven Museum. The Pardee-Morris House is open free of charge on Sundays from 12 pm to 5 pm through August 26, 2012.

The New Haven Museum, founded as the New Haven Colony Historical Society in 1862, is located in downtown New Haven at 114 Whitney Avenue. For more information, contact Michelle Cheng, Director of Education at (203) 562-4183 ext. 11 or education@newhavenmuseum.org.

Upcoming Events

Events on July 30, 2017
Pardee-Morris House Open
Starts: 12:00 pm
Ends: July 30, 2017 - 4:00 pm
Location: 325 Lighthouse Rd, New Haven, CT 06512, USA
Yoga on the Lawn
Starts: 4:30 pm
Ends: July 30, 2017 - 5:30 pm
Location: 325 Lighthouse Rd, New Haven, CT 06512, USA
Events on July 31, 2017
New Haven Museum CLOSED
Starts: 10:00 am
Ends: July 31, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Events on August 2, 2017
Twilight Concert: Plywood Cowboy
Starts: 6:00 pm
Ends: August 2, 2017 - 8:00 pm
Location: 325 Lighthouse Rd, New Haven, CT 06512, USA

Donate

Generous Support by…