The Pardee-Morris House, located at 325 Lighthouse Road in New Haven, will open for the 2013 season in June!
The New Haven Museum’s Pardee-Morris House is a 6,000 sq. ft 18th-century farmhouse located on Lighthouse Road on the east shore of New Haven harbor. Built by Amos Morris around 1750, the house was burned by the British during their raid on New Haven in 1779 and rebuilt by the Morris family. It remained in that family until 1915, when it was purchased by William Pardee, a descendant of the Morris family, who hoped to make it his home. Pardee died in 1918 and willed the property, along with a small endowment, to the New Haven Museum, then known as the New Haven Colony Historical Society. Today, the Pardee-Morris House is open seasonally for events, classes and tours.
At a recent fundraiser at the Pardee-Morris House, the New Haven Register stopped by and interviewed 2 of our volunteers. To see the video, click here.
Directions to the Pardee-Morris House
From the west:
From the east:
*Please Note: When visiting the Pardee-Morris House, please park along Lighthouse Road. Note that there are streets in the neighborhood that are resident permit-parking only.